Internal Service Sales Consultant
record uk is the UK subsidiary of agta-record, which is a business within the Assa Abloy Group. Assa Abloy is the worldwide market leader in door opening solutions. At record uk, we design, manufacture, supply, install and service automatic swinging, sliding and revolving pedestrian doors throughout the UK.
Through acquisition and organic growth, we are proud to have become the UK market leader, with the ambition to grow substantially from our current position. Our production facility and head office is located just outside Glasgow and from here we support a wide variety of customers including many Blue Chip end-users, Main Contractors, Developers and specialist door companies.
To support this growth, we are seeking to recruit a strong Internal Sales Consultant at either our head office in Hamilton, Scotland or one of our regional offices located in Coleshill or Dewsbury.
This is a great opportunity for a driven and self-motivated individual to support the growing Service business of record UK. The role will require excellent administrative skills and high levels of customer service to develop and manage both our valued existing clients and support the mobilisation of new contracts. Reporting to the Head of Service Sales, the primary focus of the roll is the conversion of new installation sales to a service solution therefore cold calling experience and an excellent telephone manner is imperative. As part of the conversion of installation sales to service solutions, the candidate will be required to investigate, build rapport, seek out and identify the end-user via multiple channels and communication paths.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for an element of new business development with a view to generating new service contract opportunities in defined market sectors and working collaboratively with the wider sales team, in the generation of leads for medium to large, service contract opportunities.
A good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word is essential along with strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
The right candidate will have a high level of self-motivation and a proven background in service contract and internal sales. They will be a strong communicator who thrives in a diverse work environment and is focused on building trusted relationships both with customers and peers. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience selling service contracts to customers whose warranty is due to expire on new system installations. It is preferable that the right candidate will have experience selling end of warranty maintenance contracts in the automatic door, pedestrian access and/or security industry.
The main requirements of the role are:
Securing sales of a service solution to all recently installed automatic door operators
- Ensure all administration tasks are completed effectively and efficiently whilst upholding the company core values
- Build customer relationships
- Support the Regional Sales Managers in the identification and generation of new medium to large business opportunities
- Understand customers and their varying requirements to offer proposals based on both commercial and operational benefits
- A proven, successful track record in internal sales and administration
- Experience in converting installation sales into service contracts
- Telephone-based new business development experience
- Ability to quickly understand the Service offering so as to be able to negotiate new business wins
- High energy and strong self-motivation
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to act as the key interface between Customers and all relevant parts of the business including Service Planning and Finance
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to identify future business opportunities
Hours: 40 hours per week.
Holidays: 33 days holidays
Salary: Negotiable – dependent on experience.
To apply send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com with subject heading ‘Internal Service Sales Consultant’
Closing Date: Open