Key Account Manager (12 month fixed term contract)
record uk is the UK subsidiary of the agta-record Group who are one of the Global market leaders in automated pedestrian door systems. The Group manufactures and distributes door systems to over 40 countries worldwide.
We design, manufacture, supply, install and service the UK’s most comprehensive range of automated door systems and aluminium shop-fronts in our production facility outside Glasgow to a wide range of organisations and Customers throughout the UK, including many Blue Chip end-users, Main Contractors, Developers and specialist Façade & Fabricator providers.
Through acquisition and organic growth, we are proud to have become the UK market leader, with ambition to grow substantially from our current position.We are now looking to recruit a Key Account Manager on a 12-month temporary contract based from our office in Walsall.
This is an excellent opportunity for a sales focused person to join our Key Accounts team, reporting directly to our Estimating Manager.
You will be responsible for managing the relationship with a number of our Key Account customers. You will act as a single point of contact for escalations and reporting and focus on growing sales by identifying and following through on new business opportunities.
The role is office based, but with regular travel to proactively meet Key Account customers on a frequent basis.
The right candidate will have a high level of EQ, strong conceptual and relationship building skills and be self-motivated. They will have a track record of building trusted advisor relationships, identifying new sales opportunities and delivering business growth with large customers.
The main requirements of the role are:
- Strong customer-centric approach and mindset
- Capability to conduct detailed commercial analysis and present business plans
- Strong organizational insight to understand who is important and what is important to them
- Skilled in building a deep understanding of a customer’s business and developing strong, long-term trusted advisor relationships
- Ability to define and describe value for both the customer and the organization
- Creative in shaping integrated solutions that deliver joint value
- Good team player capable of aligning the internal organisation around a common vision for the customer
- Experienced in truly understanding what customers value and credibly articulating value propositions
- Proven ability to deliver profitable growth by increasing customer spend and improve margin
- Skilled in mapping and understanding the customer buying journey
- Ability to strategically map customers to focus on biggest white space opportunities
- Ability to act as single point of contact for reporting and escalations
- Understanding of the modern buying process, with the complexity of stake-holders
- Ability to develop and deliver strategic account management plans
- Capable of leading and coordinating responses to tenders
- Effectively manage the relationship with the customer and work with them to understand areas of opportunity to increase revenue and enhance the client experience. Identify and implement improvements where needed.
- Capable of leading large customer programs to ensure quality and on-time delivery
- Ability to accurately forecast orders on a weekly and monthly basis
- Whilst the position is office-based, there will be a frequent need to travel to customer meetings, therefore, flexibility to travel is essential
- A proven, successful track record in Key Account management with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Ability to quickly understand the Company’s product range and value proposition
- Ability to work effectively as part of close-knit team as well as remotely
- High energy and strong self-motivation
- Outstanding EQ and Interpersonal skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft office
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel to customer meetings as and when required
- Full driving license
Closing Date: Monday 30th September 2019