Major Projects Install Engineering Manager – Field Based
record uk is the UK subsidiary of the Agta-Record Group who is among the world market leaders of automatic pedestrian door systems. The group manufactures and distributes door systems to over 40 countries worldwide.
We design, manufacture, supply, install and service automated door systems and aluminium shop-fronts throughout the UK to a wide range of organisations and clients.
Due to continued growth and high demand within the Major Projects side of the business, the company is now seeking to recruit an Install Engineering Manager to lead the team of engineers in our expanding team.
Reporting to the Head of Install you will manage the team of Major Projects Installation engineers predominantly in the London area.
The main responsibilities include:
- Run the daily, weekly and monthly meetings required to ensure all deadlines are achieved
- Ensure training is kept up to date and a training plan is in place to ensure all engineers are cross trained
- Ensure that the department is structured correctly and has suitably skilled and trained staff in order that the businesses workloads are met geographically in the most efficient manner possible
- Create and maintain an audit schedule to ensure every engineer and contractor is audited for quality, efficiency and safety a minimum of once per year.
- Attend site meetings and conduct spot checks on installations to ensure standards are being maintained.
- Attend sites with engineers and/or technical department to aid in the resolution of technical issues
- Maintain and control the skills matrix for all Installation Engineers working with the Technical Manager to ensure all industry knowledge, skills and compliances are attained and renewed.
- Manage the installation engineers including but not limited to timekeeping, discipline and appraisals
- Ensure that you adhere to all requisite legal, health and safety, environmental and general duty of care requirements. Working in conjunction with the QHSE manager to ensure safe working practices are adhered to and audited.
- You may be required to undertake tasks outside of those detailed above as directed by Head of Installs.
- Revolving door experience
- Previous management experience within a similar installation environment
- Technical working knowledge of automatic door systems, ideally having an engineering or training background
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships at all levels
- Acute analytical, planning and organisational skills
- Ability to respond to change
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Client focused approach
- Proactive, flexible, motivated, enthusiastic
- Highly proficient IT user
- Previous Health & Safety management experience is desirable i.e. IOSH, NEBOSH or similar
- Hours: 40 hours per week.
- Holidays: 33 days holiday
- Contract: Permanent after 3 month probationary period
- Equal opportunities: We follow an equal opportunities policy
- Salary: Negotiable – dependent on experience.
- Location: record UK, Field Based
To apply send your CV and covering letter to HR@recorduk.co.uk with subject heading ‘Major Projects Install Engineering Manager’
Closing Date: Open