Head of Supply Only Business Unit
record uk is a subsidiary of the agta record Group who is among the world market leaders of automatic pedestrian door systems. The group manufactures and distributes door systems globally and is present with subsidiaries in 17 countries on four continents.
We design, manufacture, supply, install and service automated door systems and aluminum shop-fronts throughout the UK to a wide range of organisations and clients. Through acquisition and organic growth we are proud to have become the UK market leader, with ambition to grow substantially from our current position.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a commercially orientated leader to join an autonomous business where there is considerable influence and the ability to make a real difference delivering profitable growth. The role is a key part of the record UK leadership team and requires a strong mix of sales and commercial experience combined with business acumen.
The right candidate will have strong people leadership skills plus a solid track record of delivering sales growth in a small specialist distribution B-B company.
They will likely have come from being a Sales professional and will have the ability to manage both strategic thinking and day-to-day detail. Being hands-on, they will have the intellectual capacity to cope with the wide remit and get satisfaction from being part of a high energy, results orientated team.
Purpose and Summary of position:
Reporting to the UK Managing Director, as the Head of Supply Only, you will lead all aspects of the Supply Only business unit. Leading the team in Hemel and working closely with the Supply Chain Director, you will ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the business. You will coordinate the activities of the Sales, Customer Service, Warehouse and Technical teams to deliver outstanding support to our customers and drive margin and revenue growth.
You will work closely with the Supply Chain organisation and in particular the Depot Manager in Farnborough to ensure smooth and efficient supply of products. You will also coordinate with the National Sales Team and Marketing to ensure we are exceeding customers’ expectations and achieving growth in market share.
- Act as the business leader for the Supply Only business
- Drive profitable growth of Supply Only to exceed budget for orders, sales and gross margin
- Motivate the Supply Only team to deliver outstanding service to customers every day
- Develop Product, Market and Pricing strategies to double size of supply only business in next five years
- As part of the record uk Key Leadership Team, contribute to the strategy, decision making and success and of the overall UK business
- Personally take responsibility for a Supply Only sales region and associated sales target
- Develop, in conjunction with Finance Analyst, a suite of reports to assist in monitoring and driving Supply Only performance and strategy
- Coach, mentor and grow the knowledge and capability of the Supply Chain team
- Optimise stock and costs, while achieving very high next-day delivery standards
- Ownership of the weekly and monthly sales forecasting and annual budget process for Supply Only
- You need to be an engaging team player who is people focused and results-driven with high levels of commercial awareness
- Ability to lead, motivate, influence and develop people
- 10 Years minimum experience in commercial roles in a relevant distribution or B-B environment, ideally within the commercial building products sector
- High level of customer focus and business acumen. Understanding of what it takes to deliver an outstanding experience to customers
- Strong business and numerical ability to understand and interpret financial data to drive sound, fact based decision making
- Proven track record of driving sales growth and achieving sales targets
- Experience leading/executing projects and implementing change
- Structured and thorough approach to work prioritisation and organisation
- Strong organisational & communication skills
- Good understanding of IT systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- The ability to work under pressure, get things done and meet tight deadlines
- Experience in the auto-door industry a plus, but not essential
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Holidays: 33 days per year including public holidays
- Equal opportunities: We have a strong equality, diversity and inclusion policy
- Salary: Dependent on experience.
- Location: Ideally Hemel Hempstead or surrounding area, but must be based in South of UK
- To apply send your CV and covering letter to HR@recorduk.co.uk with subject heading “Head of Supply Only”
Closing Date: 4th January 2019